Friday, November 17, 2017

A Tribute to Tsuru Hiromi (鶴 ひろみ) - A Little Love Story

It is a sad day today as we lost one of the most beloved voice actress in the anime industry- Tsuru Hiromi as she passed away on 16/11/2017 at the age of 57 years old. Tsuru was found inside her car unconscious and was later pronounced dead in the hospital. Cause of her death was diagnoses as Aortic dissection which is similar to a stroke or a heart attack.



Link to her death: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-16/voice-actress-hiromi-tsuru-passes-away-at-57/.124141

Bulma of Dragonball Series

Kiddy of Silent Mobius

Dokin Chan of Anpanman

Hotaru Mizuki of Albegas aka the unused Voltron series

Ukyo of Ranma 1/2

Asuna of Maison Ikkoku

When I heard the news, I felt a part of me was gone. Tsuru was iconic in many anime roles during her prime in the 80s and early 90s like Bulma of Dragonball series, Kiddy of Silent Mobius, Ukyo of Ranma 1/2 and her most famous role-Ayukawa Madoka of Kimagure Orange Road.


When I was still in my youth, I was more into the action genre of anime and didn't really get into the Romantic genre. But one night, I switched the channel and watch a show titled "Kimagure Orange Road" and hearing the male lead was Toru Furuya, I thought I give it a watch. What happened after that episode change my life forever. A change called Ayukawa Madoka who was voiced by Tsuru Hiromi.


 
Ayukawa Madoka was the perfect girl of my dreams. She was smart, beautiful, cool in her own way, funny and most of all a heart of gold. All because Tsuru was Ayukawa personified.  From that day on and till today, many female leads come and go in my life but Ayukawa Madoka will always be my first wife thanks to Tsuru Hiromi. So yeah, my first wife passed away. (Sad)



I don't know what to else to say while writing this post. While I was coming home today in my car, my playlist was playing "Kagami no Actress" which is the third opening of Orange Road which make it even more heartache to know that Tsuru Hiromi has left us.

Although I know that her agency is scrabbling to get a replacement for her role as Dokin Chan in Anpaman and more importantly, Bulma in Dragonball Super. So when you get your copy of Dragonball Fighterz next year, pay close attention to Tsuru's performances as Bulma as it will be the last time you hear from her.


No matter what happened, Tsuru Hiromi...may you rest in peace no matter where you are and to look over your family and fans. We will always remember you and thank you for bringing us these iconic characters to life.
 

1 comment:

  1. This gets even more sadder! She voiced Usapyon from the Fresh Precure movie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete