Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69. Long Live Dr Egon Spengler!


It has been to our sad attention that Comedian and Movie Writer, Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69 due to complications.



I was only 10 when I first watched Ghostbusters and there I knew who Bill Murray, Dan Ackryod, Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis as our favorite Ghostbusters. Bill as Peter is the mouth with his sense of dry humor, Dan as Ray who is ethuasictic, Ernie as Winston who is the honest guy and Harold as Egon who speak 100% techno babble and create most of the Ghostbusters equipment including his PKE meter which is one of the recognizable gadgets in Movie History!


After Ghostbusters 2, Harold continue to do mostly directing and writing for movies and rarely in front of the camera. When Ghostbusters the Video Game was announced, our four Ghostbusters returned to lend their voice and likeness for the game and to most people, including me, it was like the third movie. I love how Egon explained about the villain's plot to Winston and the player which leave most people scratching their heads but not me. Because it is Egon and there is a certain charm from the way he explaining that I enjoyed.


Recently, IDW comics has been publishing new materials based on the Ghostbusters movie franchise and to me, it is like the continuation of Egon and the other Ghostbusters in their ghostbusting adventures. I highly recommended everyone to go and read it as it paid tribute to not only the movies but the video game and the animated series.

Many fans have been waiting to wait a Ghostbusters 3 since 2000 however due to unable to produce a good script and Bill Murray's unwillingness to return and even claimed that if he return, he will become a ghost in the first act but guess who beat him there already and become a real ghost? So I hope that will make everyone realise that life is short to wait for anyone.

"I collect spores, molds and fungus." Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters

That's my tribute to Harold Ramis aka Dr Egon Spengler and wherever he is now, I hope he will watch over the other Ghostbusters not as a ghost but as a guardian angel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment