Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Impressions: Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai Ep 1 and my thoughts for Winter Anime 2011 so far

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai Ep 1: Segawa Yuuta has just started his first year in university. He is living with his roommate, Nimura and has a crush with the emotionless beauty of the university, Oda Reika. He was tricked by his elder sister to take care of her three daughters as she and her husband went overseas. Yuuta get along with the second daughter, Miu and youngest daughter, Hina but accidentally went to the wrong room and saw the eldest daughter, Sora changing clothes...





Now what show remind me of such a scenario? I know, it is Usagi Drops! But instead of one kid, you have three kids! As I explain before, Yuuta's sister Yuri and her husband went missing overseas so he took upon himself to take care of his nieces. Sora is probably infuriated with Yuuta as she has a photo of him in her phone. Miu is the lively one while Hina is the most innocent and get along with Yuuta very well. If you like family comedy, this is up your alley!

So we have come to the end of the first week of Winter Anime 2011! How do you find it so far? I know I did not review certain shows like Nisemonogatari, Another, High School Boys, Milky Holmes S2, Natsume Yujin Chou Shi. Black Rock Shooter, Inu X Boku, Kyousogiga and Gokujyo are not out until next month which I might not have time to look into it.

I am not a fan of horror and bizarre camera angels. Nisemontogatari was done by Anime studio Shaft and is infamous for having bad camera angels and bad sense of pacing. Another is a psychological show which I don't really like it. Milky Holmes is really bad in the first season and the second season didn't improve either.

These are the shows which it will have a high chance of me reviewing on a regular basics:

1) High School DxD
2) Brave10
3) Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai

These are the shows which I will take a second look before reviewing:

1) Recorder to Randoseru
2) Zero no Tsukaima Final
3) Amagami SS Plus
4) Mouretsu Pirates
5) Aquarion Evol
6) Senhime Zesshou Symphogear
7) Ano Natsu de Matteru

These are the shows that I am dropping with effect:

1) New Prince of Tennis
2) Area of Kishi
3) Rinne no Lagrange
4) Kill Me Baby

Before you start grumbling on why your favourite shows is out, hear me out. New Prince of Tennis and Area of Kishi are long-running manga and given how the first of POT has over 170 episodes, these is no way I can do it on a regular basics. Area of Kishi is fine but I have a feeling it might last for more than a year given that the manga is like five years running. Rinne no Lagrange turn me off after watching again and the characters isn't that interesting. Kill Me Baby is bad humor, nuff said.

The seven shows that I am giving a second chance as there were some hits and misses in their premise episodes. Depends on how well the second episode is, I will see which shows I do it or not.

Please note that I am doing this blog alone and I have a life outside so these's no way I can cover every show as sometime it is very hectic for me to watch the show and post the review immediately but I will try my best to post it ASAP.

Well, enough rambling from me. Hope that your favourite show will be reviewed by me in the future! Until then, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment