Sunday, April 28, 2019

Star Twinkle Precure Ep 12 and 13 Review

Hi Everyone! I am back from Japan and I watched both episodes already and I have an announcement to make. I have decided that there won't be regular episodes reviews of Star Twinkle Precure after this episode. Why is that? I realised that after reviewing so many seasons of Precure, I noticed that there are a lot of filler episodes in order to get to the main plot or something important related.

I also felt the level has dropped in Star Twinkle after the emotional Huggto series. I understand that Toei is trying to do something different this season like not giving a regular monster of the week, a more diverse cast of characters and so on.

As such, I decided that like my fellow reviewer in Livejournal, Animeangel4ever will be doing reviews for episodes which I think it is important or significant to the plot and not cover every episode regularly. I know all of you who have supported my blog all these years might be disappointed and that that there are better reviewers who can do better reviews on Precure than me. I am just a regular fan who love anything super hero related and anything interesting in pop culture.

Furthermore, my personal and work life was affected due to getting the review up every week and if there is nothing interesting about the episode, I felt it is a waste of my time and effort since you can notice that despite the high views on my blog, no one seem to talk much about this season. (Yes, it is too early since we have not reached the mid season where all the important plot points will occur)

I am not abandoning Precure and all of you readers who has supported me in my blog and LiveJournal all these years.I am just taking things slowly now but if you see me put a review post on Livejournal or my blog, you know it is an episode of some significant. Hope you will understand and continue to support my blog.

Now back to the reviews!


Episode 12 continue from where we left off when a mysterious man with a camera appeared and he happened to be a movie director from America named Abraham. He managed to trick Kaguya that all the happenings were special effects but Hikaru make matter worse by saying they were helping Abraham in making a movie in Japan.


Abraham revealed to be an alien and is a representative of the Galaxy Union. Lala will be repatriated due to her involvement with Hikaru and company. But now Abraham has to make a movie in order to continue the charades. There were some funny moments during the shoot but of course, when Lala's character was supposed to return to the stars, Hikaru actually ad-lib her lines and said her true feelings of not waiting Lala to leave Earth which I got a feeling it is going foreshadowing in the season finale.

Abraham was touched by her lines and used it in the film. Oh yes, the girls also battle Aiwan after she turned Abraham into a Knotrigger. After the battle, Abraham decided to let Lala stay on Earth and she was given a family name-Hagoromo Lala and she want to go to school!




Episode 13 started with Lala going to school. She decided not to rely on her AI as such make a lot of blunder and mistakes which she felt embarrassed. The stress got to her when her fellow classmate, Karuonori unintentionally remarked her as weird and she ran back to her rocket sulking.

The next day, she took her AI glove along and behave like a typical student which got Hikaru worried. She gathered everyone the next day to go to school (on a non-school day) and explained to Lala that they want her to be herself and not enjoy school life.



Suddenly Kappard appeared and absorb Karunori's imagination to turn his sword into a surfboard?! I was expecting like a monster created out of Karunori but this is lazy since we know that the girls will defeat him (as always) and he retreated in the end.


In the end, Lala was accepted by her classmates and peers and was given her nickname-Ru Chan due to her ending her sentence with "Ru"

Both episodes are all right as it showed how Lala wanted to stay on Earth with her earthly friends and Hikaru's speech to her is probably the emotional so far despite being a movie. But I am pretty sure when the time come, Lala will find it difficult to bade farewell to her friends. The school episode is a cultural shock for Lala since she is used to rely on her AI for advices and now she is unsure of what to do in school which led to all sort of situations.

Although Lala tried to make things right but Hikaru want Lala to be herself and count on her friends and not relying on her AI. Kappard turning his sword into a surfboard was really what Toei could come up with? We know the generals are not going to be defeated now unless it is an important plot related episode but at least do something like creating a monster not something gimmick which the girls clearly can overcome with the Southern Cross Shot.


As I have stated in the beginning of this post, Reviews of Star Twinkle Precure from now on will not be a regular thing but rather based on how good or important is the episode. Seeing that we are getting an Elena episode next week about her family and her brother is clearly behaving like a brat, I am half hearted to do the review. But if it is good, I will post it. Until then, see you in the next post and hope you can still support the blog! Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Although I'm a little sad that you won't be posting every week anymore your reasons are perfectly valid. I'll look forward to reading your future thoughts on those episodes you feel are worthy of a review.
    Incidentally the girl sitting in front of Lala looks familiar. I'm sure I've seen her (similar character design) before somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna miss your reviews too
    I've been reading them since Doki Doki precure

    ReplyDelete
  3. while we wait your next post, could you make a side writing about Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba wow that anime really took me by surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. episode 15 and 17 will be pretty important ones and might be plot related so look forward to those 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. since episode 15 and 17 the cat in the title might be her

    ReplyDelete